11 August 2024

I Is Confuzzled


And which one sheds more?
OK, so you see my two cats, Meatball (also called Mousetrap) on the left, and Destructo on the right.

On their names, I will note that I am a firm believer in the idea that one does not name a cat, one discovers the name of the cat.

Meatball, our lovely girl void, is 7-8 pounds, and Destructo is our handsome 16-17 pounds fluffy male, and he was the runt of the litter. (Some Maine Coon in him, I think)

Despite this, Meatball is the alpha-cat, to the degree that alpha-cats are possible.

Here is the thing, under the square cube law, Destructo has about 25% more surface area, and MUCH longer hair, so he is likely carrying at least twice the weight of fur in him.

Here is what has got me going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Meatball sheds more than Destructo, a lot more, on the order of 4-5 times the fur left on the bed. (You can tell by the color)

How can happen?

The only thing that can explain this is that Meatball is somehow shedding out of spite, but that seems unlikely.

0 comments :

Post a Comment