24 July 2024

My First (and Last) Post on the Veepstakes


The usual suspects

We are seeing dozens of reports of different people being vetted as a potential VP for likely Democratic Party Presidential nominee Kamala Harris.

But for the fact that Alexandria Ocasio Cortez turns 35 in October, and so could be Harris' running mate, (not gonna happen) none of the usual suspects inspire me one way or the other on an ideological level.

My guess is that she and the Democratic Party establishment (There is no Democratic Party establishment) will go with an "safe" choice who will turn out to be a net liability.  (Think Tim Kaine or Joe Lieberman)

I don't expect to be pleased by her choice, and I sure that once they are announced, I will complain. 

It's in my nature.


0 comments :

Post a Comment