27 July 2024

Headline of the Day

J.D. Vance Has a Burnt Monkey Testicle Problem
Rolling Stone, in October of 2022, describing how both personally and through his investment firm, J.D. Vance invested heavily in a Biotech firm which has long history of abusing animals.

So the article is almost 2 years old, but it's new to me, and I find it profoundly worrying.

Let me be clear here, this article does not make me worry any more about what Vance would do if he takes the reins of power, it's already pretty clear that he is perhaps an even bigger horror show than Donald Trump.

The article details the extent that Vance's investment firm has invested millions in ethically dubious companies, such as the macaque testicle burning AmplifyBio, the prayer app Hallow (which resells intimate religious data to advertisers), and (of course) Rumble.

What worries me is that I saw this headline, and this article, and my reaction was basically, "So nu?" which in this case, context means a lot in Yiddish, means, "So tell me something that was not already blatantly obvious?

I am concerned that there is something is wrong with me.  I should react, but there is nothing.

I feel like Bart Simpson in the episode Bart Sells his Soul: (Best Simpsons episode ever)

It seems to me that my lack of reaction indicates that over the past few years, probably starting with the GW Bush administration, has been burnt out in me.

It seems that basic humanity would require a reaction of revulsion and disgust, but all that I feel is, "Of course."

Have I become that jaded and that callous?

0 comments :

Post a Comment