04 June 2024

I Can't Imagine Why This is Happening

So, I came across this thread on Ecch (Twitter) and it's mind blowing.

Short version, the UK is facing a major spike in Whooping Cough (Pertussis) that appears to be unprecedented in this century.

So this raises the obvious question, why are we seeing such horrific numbers?

The poster does not try to explain this, which is kind of refreshing.

He sees something odd, and does not have a clue as to why, so he doesn't engage in wild speculation.

It's the smart thing to do, which is why I ain't doing that.

I'm calling out Covid immune dysregulation.

I am, as always, coming from a position of profound ignorance, I'm an engineer, not an epidemiologist, dammit,* but we know that immune issues related to Covid-19 are real, (in addition to things like heart disease, strokes, etc.) and that it has been associated with things like RSV outbreaks, etc.

This was all foreseeable, but the public health authorities as well as the polity across the world, were too eager to return to normalcy, which has resulted in a continuation of what remains an emergency.

The "Tinker Bell" theory of public health, where everything can be solved by clapping harder is a stupidity.

*I love it when I get to go all Dr. McCoy!

0 comments :

Post a Comment