06 May 2024

Another Contempt Fine?

Seriously, just throw his flabby orange ass in jail for a few days.

I am sure that he would get the point:

“I find you in criminal contempt for the 10th time.”

The fourth week of Trump’s hush-money trial kicked off on Monday with Judge Juan Merchan once again ruling that the former president violated his court-imposed gag order, fining him $1,000 and warning him that continued violations could result in jail time. Merchan first found Trump in contempt of court last week, fining him $9,000 for nine gag-order violations flagged by prosecutors.

“It appears that the $1,000 fines are not serving as a deterrent,” Merchan told Trump on Monday. “The last thing I want to do is to put you in jail. You are the former president of the United States, and possibly the next president as well. There are many reasons why incarceration is truly a last resort for you.”

“Of course, I am also aware of and concerned about the broader implications,” Merchan continued. “The magnitude of such a decision is not lost on me. But at the end of the day, I have a job to do. … So as much as I do not want to impose a jail sanction. That I will, if necessary.”

With all due respect Judge Merchan, it's f%$#ing necessary!

This is why Gerald Ford was a worse president than Richard Nixon.  He created a culture of impunity for the very powerful that is the touchstone for the inside the Beltway crowd.


0 comments :

Post a Comment