01 February 2024

Light Posting Tonight

I spent most of the evening bottling some apple cider that I brewed.

It's the first time that I have brewed something in almost 40 years, and the first (1 of 3 bottles) time that I have ever attempted to brew a sparkling drink.  (The mead that I did previously was all still.)

Hopefully, I won't blow up a bottle.

One gallon of unfiltered apple juice (UK terminology, called Cider [because of Prohibition] in the US) and two cans of frozen apple juice concentrate, because good unfiltered apple juice is not that sweet.

I already have a second batch going, with some local unfiltered juice as opposed to the Atkins Farms that I used for my first batch.

If you are in the Amherst, MA area, get some of their apple juice.  It is sublime, and largely made from Macintosh apples.

Posted via mobile.

0 comments :

Post a Comment