26 October 2022

Still a Few Bugs in the System

So, there I am looking at my web page, and what ad pops up?

Yep, you got it, an ad for Cardi B's fashion line.

First, this is arguably the blog least likely to give useful fashion advice to anyone.

Second, this is arguably the blog least likely to provide useful insight into Rap.  It's just not my thing.

Third, my reader(s) are unlikely to come here for items one or two.

Forth, I know nothing about Amish delicatessens. (She worked at one as a teen, I Wiki, after all)

There are some things that she and I share, like a fondness for Bernie Sanders' political agenda, but it's ludicrous that Google's algorithms to put up this ad on my blog targeting my readers. (Though, that is a rather fetching picture of her)

This is yet another example of how surveillance based advertising just does not work as promised.

It's still all just a crap shoot.

My standard disclaimer on any post about the the ads on my blog applies:

Also, please note, this should be in no way construed as an inducement or a request for my reader(s) to click on any ad that they would not otherwise be inclined to investigate further. This would be a violation of the terms of service for Google™ Adsense™.

0 comments :

Post a Comment