27 November 2021

Vaccine Update

My arm still hurts, but I can type with my left hand now, which since I touch type, is a good thing.

This is literally the worst reaction that I have had with a vaccine ever, and while unpleasant, I will be getting the booster in 2-6 months, because it is FAR less unpleasant than shingles.  I know this from personal experience.

If you qualify for this vaccine, get it, but I would strongly suggest that you get it on a Friday afternoon before a weekend where you have no plans, because for both me and my little brother Daniel, there was at least 24 hours of discomfort.

3 comments :

John said...

There seems to be a range of effects to vaccinations. In my case there have been virtually no aftereffects other than forgetting to remove the band-aid.
That shingles attack must have been terrible. Thankfully we now have a protective vaccine for that. My wife, unfortunately, was attacked by the same virus and it damn near killed her. Nobody we know, including some doctors, ever heard of Ramsay Hunt Syndrome but it left her with partial facial muscle damage and a slight limp.

The Red Alias said...

I was lucky, in my 20's, an immunosuppressant caused shingles.

Red, itchy scabs from thigh to armpit. All they had to do to stop it was discontinue the immunosuppressant. I'm hoping I won't need the shingles vaccine, because the flareup acted as one already.

But my grandpa got shingles, and they made him miserable for years. Same for an older friend, recently. He said it burned like red-hot coals from his jaw down to his ribs. Mine only lasted a couple weeks, just itched a bit.

I got off easy.

Matthew Saroff said...

Get the vaccine. Outbreaks do not immunize you. You have likely been carrying the virus in you since you were a kid.

Post a Comment