The initial response of the New York Times was to write that "some experts" found this dangerous.
We've deleted an earlier tweet and updated a sentence in our article that implied that only "some experts" view the ingestion of household disinfectants as dangerous. To be clear, there is no debate on the danger.— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 24, 2020
No, anyone with two brain cells to rub together gets that this is dangerous.
Even if this was not the result of an edict from Dean Banquet, the editor-in-chief of the Times, this is clearly a product of the (toxic) newsroom culture that that he has inculcated there.