17 June 2008

Surprise, Torture and Abuse Readicalizes Non-Terrorists

We discover, to our surprise, that people with no connection with al Queida, following imprisonment and abuse by the United States, they become they tend to find common cause with terrorists.

It's not just our torture that does it, it's also that the innocent people in these prisons mix with real terrorists, and they learn from their inmates.

Once again, I am compelled to make the repeat the wisest thing that I've read this century:
But it does inspire in me the desire for a competition; can anyone, particularly the rather more Bush-friendly recent arrivals to the board, give me one single example of something with the following three characteristics:
  1. It is a policy initiative of the current Bush administration
  2. It was significant enough in scale that I'd have heard of it (at a pinch, that I should have heard of it)
  3. It wasn't in some important way completely f#$@ed up during the execution.
Seriously, these people couldn't screw up anything any more if they were an actual al Queida sleeper cell.

0 comments :

Post a Comment