11 February 2008

Republican Vote Theft in Washington State

It appears that the Washington State Republican committee is doing its level best to fix the result of their caucuses.

The State Republican Party declared a victor with only 87.2% of the votes counted, despite the fact that the spread between McCain and Huckabee is only 1.8%.

The reason given by the Chair of the state party?
Maybe it would have been safer if I hadn't said anything. But it was an exciting and historic day for the state and I thought if I was confident about what the outcome would be I should share that with the people who had gone out to their caucuses.
Huckabee is protesting and sending lawyers, additionally, he's evoking the USSR in this matter:


I would also note that this is just plain stupid. It potentially takes a couple of delegates from Huckabee, but he makes it a cause celebre for Huckabee supporters, shoots holes in McCain's "straight shooter" myth, and is the easiest possible way to split the party.

Why, yes, I am feeling some glee regarding the discomfort that this is causing!

0 comments :

Post a Comment