- Jobs for All: A job guarantee puts workers in the driver’s seat (nonsite.org) If people don't have the threat of penury and starvation, employers will lose leverage.
- How five members of Joe Biden’s family got rich through his connections (New York Post) This is completely legal, which is the real problem.
- Did a 1912 Newspaper Article Predict Global Warming? (Snopes) Yes.
- Operation Encore and the Saudi Connection: A Secret History of the 9/11 Investigation (ProPublica) The House of Saud is not our friend.
- Hillary Clinton is still trying to sell herself as a feminist icon. Don't buy it (The Guardian) "The real issue of ‘representation’ isn’t that there aren’t enough powerful women. It’s that what is represented as feminism is actually corporatism."
- Ultrafast Trading Costs Stock Investors Nearly $5 Billion a Year, Study Says (Wall Street Journal) This is theft by guys in bespoke suits.
- Ring Doorbell App Packed with Third-Party Trackers (Electronic Frontier Foundation) Not shocked.
- Dean Baker - Technology, Patents, and Inequality: An Explanation that Even Economists Can Understand (Brave New Europe) Patents are a tax on the rest of us.
A Knifemaker Talks Knives: