- Official Unemployment is at 3.9%? Economist Robert Pollin Says it is More Like 12% (Real News Network) Employment to population ratio remains below the pre-crash levels, so a lot of people have given up. H/t naked capitalism
- It seems someone is producing a banned ozone-depleting chemical again (Ars Technica) It appears that someone, probably someone in Asia, is producing CFCs again,
- Greenland ice cores track Roman lead pollution in year-by-year detail (Ars Technica) The led emissions come from silver smelting, so it is a good proxy for economic activity.
- NASA Satellites Detect Seriously Weird Changes in Earth's Freshwater (Inverse) More evidence of anthropogenic climate change.
- How Tech Can Turn Doctors Into Clerical Workers ( New York Times) Electronic Health Records (EHRs) have not worked the way that the wonks who drew up Obamacare said that they work.
- Tucson Draws the Line on Prison Privatization (Truth Out) Tucson is ground zero for ICE detentions, so this means something.
- Time to ditch Wikipedia? (Five Filters) It appears that Wikipedia may have an obsessive troll doing a lot of editing.
How police treat open carry activists depending on the color of their skin: