- Could Rising Insurance Premiums Eradicate Unlawful Police Conduct? (Priceonomics) I've suggested police should be requiree to self insure. It appears that in this case, an entire corrupt police department was shut down.
- Swat Team(Harper's Magazine) Thomas Frank surveys the malevolence of the mainstream press, largely through the actions of the Washington Post editorial page.
- Tangles of pathology (Interfluidity) Makes a powerful argument that inequality creates pathologies in a free society.
- Neither Presidential Candidate Cares for Workers (Observer) I think find it pretty obvious, but it lays out the case nicely.
- Margaret Thatcher named worst prime minister of the century (Politico) A survey of the Historical Writers’ Association listed her as the worst PM of the Century beating David Cameron and Neville Chamberlain. Mind Officially blown
- California attorney general investigating Wells Fargo on allegations of criminal identity theft (LA Times) This is prosecution theater. None of the senior executives will be placed in the dock.
- Reputation Management Company Linked To Bogus Libel Lawsuits Now Hyping Its Anti-Cyberbullying Skills (Techdirt) It is alleged that Profile Defenders has been filing fraudulent lawsuits, complete with forged signatures to get consent orders from judges.
- Tiny Hand Will Be Your New Comic Sans (BuzzFeed) A new font based on Donald Trump's handwriting.
- Europe to Push New Security Rules Amid IoT Mess (Krebs on Security) This is shutting barn door after the cow has eloped to Vegas with the goat.
Have a very 80s video of Roger Hodgson's 80's hit Sleeping with the Enemy (From the former Supertramp lead vocalist's first solo album):