19 July 2016

Mostly, I'm Posting this to Screw with My Son


Seriously?
I just had to share the spectacle of the communications director for the Repuclican National Committee invoking Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony to excuse apparrent plagiarism by Melania Trump last night:
A Republican National Committee spokesman used a popular children's toy franchise on Tuesday to defend Donald Trump's speechwriters against allegations that they plagiarized portions of Melania Trump's speech at the GOP convention.

"When it comes to the speech, let's actually put this in perspective," RNC communications director Sean Spicer told CNN Tuesday afternoon. "In a 2,000-word statement, we're talking about 70 words [and] three passages. Melania Trump said, 'you work hard for what you get in life.' John Legend said, 'work hard to be anything you want in life.' Kid Rock said, 'work hard to be anything you want in life.'"

Spicer continued, "Melania Trump said, 'the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.' Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony said, 'this is your dream. Anything you can do in your dreams, you can do now.'"
My son is a a proud Brony, and when I told him, he smacked his head ……… Hard.

I told him that it just shows how universal the My Little Pony franchise is.

His response was to tell me to go Cheney myself.

0 comments :

Post a Comment