13 April 2016

I Could Care Less about the Stanley Cup Playoffs

Earlier today, my wife mentioned that the Stanley Cup playoffs were starting tonight.

She is a hockey fan, specifically the New York Rangers.

I am most assuredly not a follower of the sport.

Upon observing my lack of enthusiasm, she said, "You could care less about the Stanley Cup Playoffs."

I corrected her, and said, "No, I couldn't care less about the Stanley Cup Playoffs," because this is the proper linguistic formulation to describe supreme apathy.

It turns, as is often the case, she was right, and I was wrong.

There are things that I care about a LOT less than specifically.

The I saw a report about the tweets of Craig Mazin, who was Ted Cruz's roommate in their freshman year at Princeton.

He has made a bit of a hobby tweeting about how Cruz was back in the day, and it is clear that he has never been a fan of his.

Well, in response to accounts of Cruz' running the defense of the Texas' ban on "Sexual Appliances", Mr. Mazin tweeted the following:


Sharon was right, I was wrong, I care about this a LOT less than the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I really did not need that image in my head.

0 comments :

Post a Comment