26 July 2011

Pat Buchanan Has Disappointed Me

I did not think that he could actually disappoint me, Molly Ivins had him nailed when she said that his infamous "Culture War" speech at the Republican convention, "It probably read better in the original German."

Needless to say, he is an appalling person, and it is even more appalling that he is treated as a font of wisdom by the Washington punditocracy.

So I expect him to appall me.

What I don't expect is for him to say something that is so outrageous that he actually exceeds my already lowered expectations, but he has outdone himself.

He excused the mass murder in Norway, saying that Anders Breivik might be right.

Why is this man on cable TV? Why is he not a social pariah?

Why he is published in any paper with more credibility than the Moonie Times?

0 comments :

Post a Comment