24 June 2008

GAO: Surgee No Workee

The GAO has just issued a report on the surge, and it has determined that, "The American plan for a stable Iraq lacks a strategic framework that meshes with the administration’s goals, is falling out of touch with the realities on the ground and contains serious flaws in its operational guidelines."

You mean Bush and His Evil Minions screwed it up???? I'm shocked.

Once again, I am compelled to make the repeat the wisest thing that I've read this century:
But it does inspire in me the desire for a competition; can anyone, particularly the rather more Bush-friendly recent arrivals to the board, give me one single example of something with the following three characteristics:
  1. It is a policy initiative of the current Bush administration
  2. It was significant enough in scale that I'd have heard of it (at a pinch, that I should have heard of it)
  3. It wasn't in some important way completely f#$@ed up during the execution.
Seriously. I've yet to see anything wiser yet, and I'm using the loose definition of the 21st century which includes the year 2000.

0 comments :

Post a Comment