- Siberia permafrost: Over 7,000 methane-filled bubbles 'ready to explode' discovered in Arctic (International Business Times) This is getting very ugly very fast.
- New WikiLeaks dump: The CIA built Thunderbolt exploit, implants to target Macs (Ars Technica) But of course, they will never use it on US citizens.
- On Mocking Dying Working Class White People (Medium) Matt Stoller makes the obvious point: People are dying, and in pain, and some so-called liberals are having a remarkably petty hissy fit.
- ‘Bro, I’m Going Rogue’: The Wall Street Informant Who Double-Crossed the FBI (Bloomberg) Threat of imprisonment made him an informant, who recorded his conversations with his targets. He also recorded his conversations with his FBI handlers.
- Inside Alabama’s Auto Jobs Boom: Cheap Wages, Little Training, Crushed Limbs (Bloomberg) Maybe if Democrats didn't f%$# unions when they were in power, you would not have right-to-work states turning factories into charnel houses.
- Why Did Greenland's Vikings Vanish? (Smithsonian) It turns out that they left, driven by a collapse in demand for walrus ivory driven by the Black Death and the arrival of elephant ivory.
- We Talked to a Guy Who Went to the Inauguration on Acid (VICE) Bad Trip, Man. Bad Trip
JFK on Education at Vanderbilt University, 1963.
It seems particularly apropos:
H/t CZ @ SP