05 October 2022

My Cats Have Achieved Sartorial Awareness

One of the Shabbos, and Yom Tov, traditions in my house is to give my cats some schnaps for the holiday.  By schnaps I mean catnip.

I will break out the bag of catnip, and cats will jump into the cardboard boxes they use as a lair, and I will dose them.

Both cats love catnip, but Destructo, the gray and white long hair on the right, is the much bigger stoner.  Meatball/Mousetrap is the black cat on the left.

During the Yom Tovim I realizes something, that the cats, Destructo in particular, has associated my entering the house wearing a coat and tie with getting catnip.  When he sees me in the getup, he runs to his box for his schnaps.

I didn't' realize this until I came in after Kol Nidre, evening services for Yom Kippur, and as soon as he saw the suit, his box was filled with a long-hair 17 lb cat expecting his dope.

He didn't get it, and while the cats get fed on Yom Kippur, they don't get drugs on Yom Kippur.  It feels disrespectful to give intoxicants to cat on that day.

I did give them catnip after the end of Yom Kippur though.  I did not want to find cat turds in my stereo headphones.

0 comments :

Post a Comment