In an article noting that Iran seems to be spending a significant amount of resources attempting to blast Amazon warehouses and data centers off the map in the Middle East, we have the sub hed, the line between the headline and the byline saying, "That's one way to deal with data centers."
I like that framing.
There’s data center activism, fought with Facebook groups and petitions, and then there’s data center annihilation, fought with guided missile and suicide drones.
Recently, the Iranian military announced it had hit and damaged two Amazon data centers in the island country of Bahrain with a volley of cruise missiles.
After the attack, the Iranian state media outlet Tasnim published a partial statement from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, saying that the “IRGC Aerospace warriors… in response to the aggression and assault… by the child-killing American army on the under-construction and civilian facilities of DarKhoveyn, attacked and destroyed the central data infrastructure of the American company Amazon in Bahrain with several cruise missiles.”
Using images from the European Space Agency’s Sentinel-2 satellites, Bloomberg confirmed an attack on the data center campus had taken place, though noted it’s difficult to say how bad the damage is (Amazon refused to comment on Bloomberg‘s reporting.)
I do not approve of this war, nor do I approve of Iran's theocratic regime, but if they expanded their target list to include Flock Cameras, I would be more receptive to their ideas.
Just saying.


0 comments :
Post a Comment