30 March 2016

I am Seriously Considering Changing My Name



A man has changed his last name to "Null" and as a result, has scored lots of free stuff:
A man who changed his surname to 'Null' claims he's bagged numerous freebies because the word isn't compatible with computer databases.

Raven Felix Null, 24, says he changed his name when he became an adult and claims it's resulted in seven free nights at seven different hotels and free-of-charge car rental.

It's all because the word 'Null' doesn't register with the computer's programming, so computer systems assume he's not a person.

The glitch means that when receptionists enter "Null" in the surname box the system automatically recognises the word as "an absence of data".

Which then results in the computer refusing to validate the request and Raven isn't billed for any of the items he's purchased.

The IT manager shared his knowledge on Reddit, where he goes by the username koalahumper, saying: "I have gotten a lot of free stuff because [a] code gives an error to the effect of "last name can't be left blank" and the person helping me will "just put my info in later" but they never do (or can't)."

If someone decides to challenge him about the issue, Raven threatens to sue the company for discrimination and the problem is often left until later in the day.

………

And Raven insists he didn't change his surname to "Null" to try and gain freebies, instead he chose it so he could disassociate himself from everything.

He explained: "it means nothing, meaning I am not connected to my "family" in any way any".
Me, I would change my name to, "Matthew'); DROP TABLE NSA;".

0 comments :

Post a Comment