02 October 2010

I Can Now Retire as a Blogger

All I have to do is to outsource my political analysis to Jon Stewart, and use this article by Martin Robbins for science:
This is a news website article about a scientific paper

In the standfirst I will make a fairly obvious pun about the subject matter before posing an inane question I have no intention of really answering: is this an important scientific finding?

In this paragraph I will state the main claim that the research makes, making appropriate use of "scare quotes" to ensure that it's clear that I have no opinion about this research whatsoever.

In this paragraph I will briefly (because no paragraph should be more than one line) state which existing scientific ideas this new research "challenges".

………
This paragraph contained useful information or context, but was removed by the sub-editor to keep the article within an arbitrary word limit in case the internet runs out of space.

The final paragraph will state that some part of the result is still ambiguous, and that research will continue.

Related Links:

The Journal (not the actual paper, we don't link to papers).

The University Home Page (finding the researcher's page would be too much effort).

Unrelated story from 2007 matched by keyword analysis.

Special interest group linked to for balance.

I think that there is a Dilbert cartoon in which Dogbert sells a "forever" newspaper, but this is better written, and the article is better drawn as well, or at least the, "picture has been optimised by SEO experts to appeal to our key target demographics," is.

0 comments :

Post a Comment