06 July 2007

Adventures in Amateur Rocketry

Last night, we went to the local school playground with Charlie's brand spanking new Estes® rocket.

We had tried to launch a few days earlier, and had gotten only fizzles, because the batteries were dubious.

This time it launched, and the parachute deployed. Charlie was very happy about this.

Unfortunately, I got the winds aloft wrong, and it drifted across the playground, over the school, and got hung up in a tree about 80 feet in the air.

It was my fault, I chose the location, so I'll be replacing the rocket for Charlie (he spent his hard earned allowance on the first one), and Charlie was a very good sport about all of this.

Next time, I think we go to Hannah Moore Mark, which has a lot more space, and I check the winds better.

0 comments :

Post a Comment