21 July 2024

A Slightly More Measured Take on the News

First, I continue to believe that Biden's withdrawal makes Trump's election more likely.

Second, it's clear that the nominee, as all of the usual suspects, Gavin Newsom, Josh Shapiro, Pete Buttigieg, Phil Murphy, and Gretchen Whitmer have endorsed Kamala Harris. (Here and here)

Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzger has issued a statement, but has not formally endorsed Harris.

So it is clearly going to be Harris.

My predictions:

  • Trump will weasel out of a debate with Harris.
  • Vance will weasel out of a debate with whoever the VP choice is.
  • The VP choice will be a right of the party center white guy like Tim Kaine in Hillary Clinton's ill starred 2016 campaign.

I expect that her campaign and related strategy will be run by the Democratic Party establishment (There is no Democratic Party establishment), which is a bad thing, because they are corrupt self-serving incompetents.

I would note that my predictive powers are limited, but I am not optimistic.

0 comments :

Post a Comment