28 February 2024

I Hope That This Applies to Cops Too


What about other obligations to protect?
I'm a bit late to this, I only became aware of Jennifer Crumbley's conviction of involuntary manslaaughter for her role in her son's mass shooting when I saw Leagle Eagle's video on the topic. (I follow him on YouTube)

One question that was not answered, and one that  immediately came to mind, was that if parents have a duty to protect, why don't police officers.

It is a clear Supreme Court precedent, coming from The Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales, that the police have no obligation to protect the public.

Jennifer Crumbley does appear to be a horrible person, and a horrible person, but her career was not to, "Protect and Serve." 

I am not suggesting that she should not have been convicted, and that she should not go to jail.

What I AM suggesting is that police should be subject to at least as much legal scrutiny.


0 comments :

Post a Comment