07 February 2024

As Anna Russel Would Say, "I'm Not Making This Up, You Know."

It appears that 3 million internet connected toothbrushes were hijacked into executing a DDOS attack.

Now there is a sentence that I never expected to say.

Why the f%$# would anyone need an internet connected toothbrush?

OK, I just read a few paragraphs down, and it appears that the report originated with a theoretical scenario put forward by security firm Fortinet.

That being said, while I have not seen a Wifi enabled toothbrush in my brief search of the internet, I have found an Oral-B toothbrush with a Wifi enabled charger, so, yes this is a possibility.  It downloads the data from the toothbrush, things like time and pressure, and uploads it to the parent's app.

I guess the question is how badly you want to spy on your kids to monitor their brushing habits.

Needless to say, I am rather unimpressed with the current state of the world right now.

0 comments :

Post a Comment