01 December 2023

I Am the Worst Person in the World, and I Blame Star Trek

As you probably know, former President Jimmy Carter is in home hospice care, and his wife Rosalynn died last week, and he was at the funeral.

While I have had my differences with the 39th President, I do not diminish the life long commitment that he and Rosalynn had through their 77 year (!) year marriage.

There are a number of pictures of Carter in a wheelchair looking wizened in a wheel chair with his mouth open, which is common for people who are in his condition.

I saw the picture, which I will not post here, but I did on Imgur, and my first though was the Star Trek episode Menagerie, and actor Sean Kenney's portrayal of the grievously injured Caption Christopher Pike:

There is sometning seriously wrong with me.

If people actually heard my internal monologues, they would want to lock me up for ever, or hang me from the highest yardarm, or both.

1 comments :

Quasit said...

That reminds me of something I saw on Dr Katz, Professional Therapist: "if women knew what we really were thinking about them, they would never stop slapping us."

Post a Comment