27 October 2021

News That Makes You Smile

It appears that the National Rifle Association (NRA) got hacked, and its internal files are being held ransom by a group of hackers.

I know that it is a character flaw that sometimes I derive pleasure from the discomfort of others, but I am intensely amused by this:

The National Rifle Association (NRA) has been hit by a ransomware attack, becoming the latest victim of a massive spike in these attacks this year, according to multiple reports Wednesday.

NBC News reported that a Russian cybercriminal group known as Grief posted files on its website on the dark web on Wednesday that it claimed to have stolen from the NRA.

Experts told NBC News that Grief was likely a rebrand of the cyber criminal group Evil Corp, which was linked last week to the ransomware attack on Sinclair Broadcast Group.

I get that the NRA might want to pay Grief not to release members names, addresses, and social security numbers to the web, but I wonder if I should set up a GoFundMe to raise money pay Grief to release members names, addresses, and social security numbers to the web.

(Spoiler, I won't do this, making a payment to Grief would violate US sanctions, and I'm pretty sure that GoFundMe would want no part of that.)


0 comments :

Post a Comment