- The Right to Repair Movement Is Poised to Explode in 2021 (Vice) I certainly hope so. Vendor lock-in is a parasitic drag on the economy.
- Six arrested after changing Hollywood sign to 'Hollyboob' (Los Angeles Times) I love non-destructive pranks like this, but who is Holly?
- Warning: If Your Business Depends on a Platform, You Don't Have a Business (naked capitalism) Why the major platforms should be strictly regulated.
- Microsoft Offers To Break The Web In A Desperate Attempt To Get Somebody To Use Its Widely-Ignored Bing Search Engine (Techdirt) Not entirely true. Bing is quite popular when looking for titty pictures.
- The Marxist Rupert Murdoch (Tribune Magazine) About German publisher Willi Münzenberg, who created a left wing media empire in the interwar years. (Spoiler, he hated Stalin)
- Cuba opens door to most small business initiatives (Trust.org) It seems a positive step, so I expect the bull headed Cuban expats to find a way to throw a monkey wrench into the works.
- Biodynamics’ dirty secret: ecofascism, karmic racism and the Nazis (Word on the Grapevine) Always thought that the science was dodgy. It appears that the sociology is too.
- NRA Examiner Motion (Credit Slips) It appears that the managers at the National Rifle Association never bothered to even tell the board about the bankruptcy filing, and so a board member wants an independent audit.
- Texas lawyer, trapped by cat filter on Zoom call, informs judge he is not a cat (The Guardian) Video, released by the judge, below. I think that cat filters should be required on all Zoom calls.
This is beautiful: