- Secret Service paid $3,000 a month for a bathroom near Jared and Ivanka’s D.C. home (Washington Post) 6 Bathrooms in the house, and they did not let their Secret Service Detail Use ANY of them, because they are "The Help". They are truly contemptible
- A fresh new avenue for Google to kill your SaaS startup (Medium) Google's people free customer service structure exacerbates the problems from its monopoly status. It should be on the table in an antitrust case.
- A New Film Details the FBI's Relentless Pursuit of Martin Luther King Jr. (Smithsonian Magazine) A lot of liberals have been thinking that the FBI is our friend. Like the bite of a dog into a stone, it is a stupidity.
- French prosecutors open probe into influence-peddling by ex-president Sarkozy (France24) Pass the popcorn.
- ‘A place to fund hope’: How Proud Boys and other fringe groups found refuge on a Christian fundraising website (The Washington Post) Has the white Evangelical Christian movement become objectively pro-Nazi? (This is a rhetorical question)
- Cell Phone Location Privacy (Schneier on Security) Someone has figured out a way to create phones that don't constantly send data as to their location that the authorities, and Green Card Spammers can get for the asking.
- A lightweight book aims a heavyweight punch at the digital advertising ecosystem (Science) A review of a book that suggests that online digital ads are largely fraudulent. I am not alone.
- Man Arrested After Early Morning Harbour Ferry Theft, Marine Pursuit (Victoria, BC Police Department) Police blotters are wonderful, and I am hoping that there is vieo of the "Hot Pursuit."
This is captivating: