- Rusty but intact: Nazi Enigma cipher machine found in Baltic Sea (Ars Technica) Archeology, military, and a chance discovery. Great archeology geek.
- Introduction to The New York Times’ 1619 Project and the Racialist Falsification of History (World Socialist Web Site) Makes the argument that the NYT project is about sidelining meaningful discussions on inequality and class.
- Attention, Trumpworld: Self-Care Tips for Accepting the Reality That Trump Lost (Vanity Fair) Rudy Giuliani’s daughter, Caroline, has some (Very Snarky) advice on conceding through self-care.
- Severe Wildfires Are Devastating the California Condor (WIRED) F%$# Pacific Gas & Electric.
- World's Oldest Cheese, Found in Ancient Tomb, Was Also Very Dangerous (Gizmodo) I like my cheese with a bit of brucellosis.
- Chrome is Bad It acts like spyware, at least on the MacIntosh, see, "Google Chrome installs something called Keystone on your computer, which nefariously hides itself from Activity Monitor and makes your whole computer slow even when Chrome isn't running," and it hasn't fixed these issues in 10 years, which implies that it is doing something bad. Google is not to be trusted
Two Fisted Management from the Whitest Kids You Know: