09 February 2011

No, This is Not The Onion

Click for full size

Just Because This Needs to Be Shared, So That His Shame Endures for a Very Long Time
But when a married Congressman trolls Craigslist for female companionship and sends a picture of himself topless, it certainly sounds that way:
Representative Christopher Lee of New York abruptly resigned on Wednesday night after a shirtless photo of himself, which he had e-mailed to a woman, was published on the Internet.

Mr. Lee, a two-term Republican from western New York, notified the House speaker, John A. Boehner, of his decision in a letter on Wednesday afternoon, after the scandal had erupted, according to senior Congressional officials.

Mr. Lee’s office released a statement in which he asked for forgiveness. “I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents,” he wrote. “I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness.”

The resignation came hours after Gawker, a gossip Web site, published an e-mail exchange that Mr. Lee, who is married and has a son, had with a 34-year-old Maryland woman he had met through Craigslist.
In his response to said woman, he described himself as "classy".

This must be a meaning of the word "classy" I've been previously unaware of.

0 comments :

Post a Comment