01 June 2010

Why Do I Torture Myself?

I know I shouldn't have, but I read an Amity Shlaes opinion piece again, and this one suggests that regulating banks should be handled in the same way that a social networking site for 10-13 year olds polices itself, because, it's like, you know, too tough to regulate things.

I think that Barbie put it best, when she said, "Math is hard."

Gah!!!!

I think that what got to me the most was her brief bio at the end which noted that, "Amity Shlaes [is a] senior fellow in economic history at the Council on Foreign Relations."

Here is someone who does not have a degree in economics, or history. She has a BA in English, she doesn't understand, or worse does understand and lies with, statistics, and she is a senior fellow in economic history at the CFR?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with our public institutions?

And what's wrong with the publications that employ her?

At least the FT had the good sense to fire her incompetent lying ass.

0 comments :

Post a Comment