15 May 2009

Am I The Only Person Left Not Applying for TARP Money?

Because it's beginning to feel like my geek days in high school*, when I though that I was the only virgin among the 1200+ students at Woodrow Wilson High School, because we have yet more people scrambling for TARP money.

First, we have major insurance companies getting major commitments of money:
The Treasury yesterday granted preliminary approval for some of the nation's largest insurance companies to receive capital infusions under the government's Troubled Assets Relief Program, Treasury spokesman Andrew Williams said.

Recipients are Hartford, Prudential, Allstate, Ameriprise, Lincoln National and Principal Financial Group, he said. The insurers notified yesterday are among hundreds of financial institutions in the pipeline "that are being reviewed and funded as appropriate on a rolling basis," Williams said.
In addition we have YRC Worldwide, one of the largest trucking firms in the world, applying for bailout money to shore up its underfunded pension plan.

They are a big player, over 20%, in the "less-than-truckload" market, where loads amongst multiple customers are consolidated onto one truck.

How do I get my hands on some free money? I gotta start me a bank......I'll pay myself just $500,000 a year, along with a $½ million bonus.

*I was more than just a geek. I wasn't just a wargamer who played Dungeons and Dragons, but I founded the wargaming club at the school. I was the king of the geeks.

0 comments :

Post a Comment