11 February 2008

WYPR and Marc Steiner, the Saga Continues

While I'd like to know what is going on, if just for my own selfish voyeuristic edification, my initial reaction is that this is typical public radio bull#$@! politics. If someone wants to enlighten me, feel free.

In perusing the pages of WYPR and Marc Steiner's blog, it appears that things are not developing in a kind manner regarding the cancellation of his show.

The President's message about the cancellation has been updated so that it actually mentions the name "Marc Steiner", and Steiner has a blog post suggesting that WYPR is attempting to minimize public input, and another which mentions that he's hired on one of his WYPR producers has been hired on to his production company, The Center for Emerging Media.

In the middle of all this, WYPR has pushed back its membership drive from February to April, largely, I think, in the hope of it all blowing over.

0 comments :

Post a Comment