09 January 2008

God, What Miserable Excuses for Human Beings

The thing that surprises me is that it's that this is a Maureen Dowd Op/ED, and I'm not referring to her as a miserable excuse of a human being.
When I walked into the office Monday, people were clustering around a computer to watch what they thought they would never see: Hillary Clinton with the unmistakable look of tears in her eyes.

A woman gazing at the screen was grimacing, saying it was bad. Three guys watched it over and over, drawn to the “humanized” Hillary. One reporter who covers security issues cringed. “We are at war,” he said. “Is this how she’ll talk to Kim Jong-il?”

Another reporter joked: “That crying really seemed genuine. I’ll bet she spent hours thinking about it beforehand.” He added dryly: “Crying doesn’t usually work in campaigns. Only in relationships.”
Though let me say, that MoDo does not come across as any great testimony to humanity in this article either.

Atrios
calls them, "...all broken. Complete monsters", and I'm inclined to agree.

I'm beginning to think that we should abolish Journalism schools, and go back to the old way, paperboy to copy boy to cub reporter to reporter, because the products of Journalism schools seemed to have missed "Humanity 101".

Of course, these days, I'm not sure how you do the "copy boy" bit.

0 comments :

Post a Comment