01 January 2008

What is 40 Years in the Desert?

This blog is a place to put my stream of consciousness thoughts about life, politics, technology, and cats, published 6 days a week (not on Shabbos, or Yom Tovim).

It's a posting ground for my more-or-less annual personal newsletter, 40 Years in the Desert. (PDF archives available at link)

I find that if I wait until year's end I miss stuff from earlier in the year, so I use this blog to keep track of material that is potentially of interest for the newsletter. If it's the goings on of my family, it gets the tag family. If it's of interest, but unrelated to family happenings, I use some weird news stories, it gets the tag 40yrs.

40 Years is put out the old fashioned way, it's printed out on one sheet of ledger sized (11"x17") paper folded into 4 pages and mailed to people, total circulation of about 100.

I'm just not the holiday card kind of guy. A warning, if you comment here, I may use it in my paper publication.

You will get credit, and if I can find you you will get at least the issue where you are quoted (probably a lot more, I rarely trim my list).

If someone actually wants to pay for an issue...I don't know, I guess a buck, but you can get the PDF's free.

If someone actually wants to pay for an issue...I don't know, I guess a buck covers printing and shipping.

This post will be repeated on a monthly basis.

0 comments :

Post a Comment