23 January 2008

A Friend of Mine Died Today

Her name was Lynn Hunter, but I knew her though our mutual activities in the SCA as, "Baroness Roana di Laci", but usually, she was just Ro, as she she did not put on airs.

She had cancer, and she was about 3 months younger than me.

She is one of the few friends of mine with whom I never talked politics.

When I first met her, the subject of her employment came up, and it turned out that she had been fired by her previous employer, the Heritage Foundation, for having cancer.

I blurted out that I could probably find a lawyer willing to represent her pro bono, but she demurred.

I may be clueless, but even I figured out that we had differing views.

She was fun, and accessible, and welcomed my wife and I when we came to the area, and I'll miss her.

Good journey, Ro.

0 comments :

Post a Comment