15 May 2022

I Wish That I Was There

I would like to visit Great Britain, but never more than now, because I very much wish that I could have been a part of the egging of a recently erected statue of Margaret Thatcher statue egged within hours of it being installed in Grantham, Lincolnshire

I wish that I could have been there, if only just to watch, because I have a lousy throwing arm:

Warnings that a new statue of Margaret Thatcher would attract egg-throwing protests came true within two hours of it being installed in her home town of Grantham on Sunday.

The bronze statue was, without ceremony, placed on a 3-metre (10ft) high plinth to make it more difficult for protesters to inflict any damage.

Shortly afterwards a man was seen throwing eggs from behind a temporary fence and, when one connected, a cry of “oi” could be heard.

Yes, indeed, "Oi."

0 comments :

Post a Comment