- 2 2 Never Equals 5 (New Discourses) Literally arguing for 2+2 = 5 in post modernist critical studies. I guess that they have never George Orwell.
- The Battle to Invent the Automatic Rice Cooker (Gastro Obscura) I lurves me some history of technology.
- Joe Arpaio loses sheriff’s race in 2nd failed comeback bid (AP) A cancer on law enforcement loses the Republican primary.
- Are New York’s Real Estate Agents Perpetuating Inequality? (Bloomberg) It's a feature not a bug. Agents earn their commissions by promoting, not just perpetuating, inequality, and they have since the days of redlining.
- The Truth Is Paywalled But The Lies Are Free (Current Affairs) Depressing.
- The Biggest Trump Financial Mystery? Where He Came Up With the Cash for His Scottish Resorts. (Mother Jones) I've always said that Trump was mobbed up.
- You swine! German nudist chases wild boar that stole laptop (The Guardian) What, you thought that 2020 was done with the weird?
- My Solution for Turkey, Syria, and the Kurds (Jacobin) From Abdullah Öcalan, founder of the PKK, and designated a terrorist by Ankara and the US. Interesting for its author.
Using an old poll lathe: (I love old tools)