- The folks at Marginal Revolution came across a study where they Gender Reversal Teaches Uncomfortable Lessons (Marginal REVOLUTION) NYU reenacted a Presidential debate, and reversed the gender. It turned out that Hillary did WORSE as a man. Not sexism, she was just that bad.
- Stop Believing in the Many Myths of the Iraq Surge (War is Boring) A musing on the Green Lantern theory of geopolitics, which posits that all that is needed to succeed is sufficient will.
- Steve McQueen's lost 'Bullitt' car reportedly has been found and restored (LA Times) I am not a car guy, but I want this car.
- UK Home Office spy powers unit pretended it was a private citizen in Ofcom consultation (The Register) Why we should not trust our state security apparatus.\
- Nobel economist takes aim at rent-seeking banking and healthcare industries (MarketWatch) Money quote from Nobel laureate: “All that talent is devoted to stealing things, instead of making things.”
- Yes, capitalism is literal violence (Carl Beijer) Private property is enforced by the promise of state prosecuted, or state
- The Democratic Party doesn't get why it's so unpopular (NY Daily News) Shaun King observes the obvious: The Democratic party establishment still does not understand how they lost, and are doubling down on self destructive behavior, with a dose of Russophobia.
A snipped of the debate vid: