10 September 2007

Self Hating Gay Republican Update

This is from Counterpunch.org, which is a highly controversial source. That being said, Mike Rogers of Blog Active and Down with Tyranny also confirm this, so there is backup.
It looks like two more conservative 'family values' Republican senators may be 'outed' soon. Mike Rogers, the same blogger who originally fingered Craig, claims that South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham is gay.
This has got to be the worst kept secret in Washington, D.C., it's common knowledge in the Baltimore area too.
Howie Klein meanwhile claims that, 'Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's quick expulsion from the Army---for fondling a private's privates---is finally being discussed in Kentucky.' He notes that McConnell, discharged after just 10 days in the Army in 1967, 'has consistently prevented anyone from seeing his military discharge papers' but a Freedom of Information suit may bring them to light.
To be fair, even if the reason for discharge is true, McConnell might not be gay.

If I were a draftee in 1967, and I were given the choice to go to Viet Nam, or pretending to be gay, I might very well go that route to stay out of Nam.

I make no claims to personal bravery. Had I not been exempt from the draft by reason of being 5 years old, I probably would have kissed my CO full on the lips to stay out of South East Asia.

Of course, I'm not sure that an admission of cowardice would help good the distinguished gentlemen from Kentucky.

FWIW, taking down McConnell needs to be a priority, as payback for going after Daschle*, which was unprecedented.

*Truth be told, I'm glad that Harry Reid is now in control of the Senate. On his worst day, he's better than Daschle on his best day.

0 comments :

Post a Comment