- Amid allegations of unpaid taxes, neo-Nazism, and sex offender, Denver furry convention canceled(Denver Channel) Goddamn furry Nazis!
- Being Anti-Trump Isn’t Enough (Jacobin) The subhead says it all, "Silvio Berlusconi’s tenure reminds us that the Left needs to attack the neoliberal center, not just the populist right.
- How Uber conquers a city in seven steps (The Guardian) It is important that NONE of these techniques actually translates into a profitable company unless you achieve monopoly status and then can gouge consumers.
- Legislation allowing warrantless student phone searches dies for now (Ars Technica) Legislation in California has been tabled, so it's not on the agenda ……… Live in obedient fear, citizen.
- Why Society’s Biggest Freeloaders Are at the Top (Evonomics) A nice survey of the rentier parasites sucking the marrow from society's bones.
- Pharmaceutical giant 'plotted to destroy cancer drugs to drive prices up 4,000%' (The Independent) They changed the names and destroyed existing stocks of the drugs so that could increase prices charged Britain's NHS. (See Rentier Parasite above)
- #BlackLivesMatter Introduces a New Visa Debit Card, and Revives the Toxic Old Myths of Black Capitalism (Black Agenda Report) We truly live in Bizarro world.
- Schumpeter: The University of Chicago worries about a lack of competition (The Economist) Yes, the f%$#ing Chicago School is calling for increased action against monopolies. Cats sleeping with dogs, real end of the world stuff,
Monty Python revealed the 2016 Republican Party platform in 1974: