- Putin didn’t undermine the election. We did. (Washington Post) Katrina van de Hauvel nails it while excoriating the paper publishing her OP/ED for mindless McCarthyism.
- Decades after Chernobyl disaster, engineers slide high-tech shelter over reactor (Ars Technica) Still sucking up resources after 30 years. The people handling the Fukushima Daiichi disaster take note.
- Government memo demanding end to Brexit leaks is leaked (The Guardian) Memo on fighting leaks is leaked. This is a losing battle, Ms. May.
- The Rich Can’t Save Us (Jacobin) After running the worst Presidential campaign in US history, (she lost to Trump, QED) the Hillary camp is still trying to get money from rich donors. Also: David Brock needs a boot to the ass.
- Brooklyn Prosecutor Forged Judges' Signatures On Wiretap Warrants To Eavesdrop On A 'Love Interest' (Techdirt) This is a lot more common than you think, and every time we role back protections, it gets worse.
- These Toys Don’t Just Listen To Your Kid; They Send What They Hear To A Defense Contractor (Consumerist) Don't worry, the magic of the market will protect you.
This animated GIF explains how our economy works: