05 November 2012

Some Navel Gazing on My Part

I've been fairly clear on this blog that I think that various actions of Obama renders him unfit to be President.*

I also understand that there are people who make arguments that could be called compelling to vote for him, most notably the Rude Pundit's, "In the End, Vote for Obama Because F%$# Romney," (%$# mine)  because Mitt Romney is unfit to be President as well.

While I was in Ashland, I talked with my dad about this, and explained to him my position, and further explained that, living in Maryland, I had no moral dilemma, because my vote for President had not consequence.

He asked me what I would do if I lived in a battleground state, and I responded, "That way madness lies."

My was flip, and it was a cop out. 

I simply don't know what I would do if I lived in Ohio, or Virginia, or Florida, or New Hampshire, or Wisconsin, or Colorado, or Iowa, and any statement that I might make would be self serving and shallow, and ultimately meaningless.

What I'm saying here is that, on this matter, if you think that I'm full of sh%$, then I'm full of shit, and if you think that I have a f%$#ing point, then I have a f%$#ing point. 

There are any number of times where I make an argument that is fact based, and I try my best to supply links to those facts, but this is not one of those times.

I think that I'm right, but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

*Normalizing torture by refusing to prosecute, his war on whistle-blowing, his steadfast refusal to prosecute the malefactors of wealth, his assertions of a executive authority that makes Dick Cheney look mild, etc.
H/t Cthulhu for the catch.
OK, I know what I would do if I lived in Florida, I would kill myself.

0 comments :

Post a Comment