18 November 2007

Clarence Thomas: Too Stupid to Cut His Own Meat

Dana Milbank had this gem in his account of a Federalist Society meeting:
But there were signs that Thomas is not a regular on the speaking circuit. "You know, it's really hard to talk up here when this guy in front of me keeps moving," Thomas announced early in his speech. He was referring to a television screen on the floor in front of him that was showing his own image -- but because nobody but Thomas could see the TV, nobody knew what he was talking about.

"It's me! I see myself moving around!" Thomas explained, then let out a resonant laugh: "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" He continued: "This guy keeps moving around in front of me. Jeez! At any rate, stop looking at this guy in front of me! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! You look at it and think, it's too much of a good thing!"

A technician covered up the offending screen with a black cloth.
So Clarance Thomas, much like your average parrot, is capable of being fascinated and distracted by an image of himself.

What a maroon, to quote Bugs Bunny.

0 comments :

Post a Comment