- Rachel Maddow rooted for the Steele dossier to be true. Then it fell apart. (Washington Post) Seriously, her transition from happy warrior to tinfoil hat wearer is sad.
- Driver training was reportedly too much of “a bottleneck” for Amazon (Ars Technica) Safety, schmafety, we have another monopoly to create.
- California Gave Billions in Taxpayer Dollars to Improve Jails. But That’s Not How These Sheriffs Are Spending It. (ProPublica) This is the rule, rather than the exception, for law enforcement.
- Isis’s destruction of an ancient civilisation mattered more to the west than human casualties (The Independent) This is depressingly true.
- Sports Teams Should Be Owned by the Public (Jacobin) Certainly, taking down Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder is an unalloyed good.
- Portugal has found an antidote to right wing populism (Kontrast.at) Portugal's left of center government has eschewed austerity, and instead invested in social welfare programs.
- With ingestible pill, you can track fart development in real time on your phone (Ars Technica) This is a brave new world.
Starwars Down Under (Fan Film)