06 March 2018

Gee, You Think?

Some days, it's Republicans who stun me with their ability to exceed my lowest expectations.

Some days, it's Donald Trump who stuns me with their ability to exceed my lowest expectations.

Some days, it's Democrats who stun me with their ability to exceed my lowest expectations.

Some days, it's Monsanto who stuns me with their ability to exceed my lowest expectations.

And then, there is Facebook:
Facebook has apologized for sending out a survey to find out how the social network should respond when adult men ask teenaged girls for sexually explicit images.

The survey, which went out to an undisclosed number of users of the social network over the weekend, posed this question:

In thinking about an ideal world where you could set Facebook's policies, how would you handle the following: a private message in which an adult man asks a 14 year old girl for sexual pictures.

  • This content should be allowed on Facebook, and I would not mind seeing it.
  • This content should be allowed on Facebook, but I don't want to see it.
  • This content should not be allowed on Facebook, and no one should be able to see it.
  • I have no preference on this topic.
Missing is any acknowledgement that soliciting sexual imagery from minors is a crime in many countries, including the US and the UK, to say nothing of facilitating the distribution of such content on your website.
How I long for the quiet competence and high moral standards that Microsoft showed (only by comparison) when it ruled the world.

0 comments :

Post a Comment