11 February 2018

I Am a Horrible Human Being

For the past 24 hours, we have had no water at our house, because an 8 inch water main broke, shutting off water to 20-30 houses in my neighborhood.

Seeing as how we all were beginning to stink, we went to the JCC (Jewish Community Centers) to take showers, as they have a gym, locker room, and showers.

We were discussing the showers, and Sharon* mentioned that there were stalls with curtains in the women's locker room.

I noted to Charlie that this was not the case in the men's locker room, where it was an open floor plan.  (It turns out that my recollections were wrong.  They have added stalls and curtains)

Charlie was upset, as he is not enamored of the concept of taking a shower in front of other people, so he went to get his swim trunks.

So I asked him, "What is your problem with having a Zyklon B layout in the showers?"

He turned to me, and said that this was the worst thing that he had heard me say in his entire life.

I am a truly awful person.

*Love of my life, light of the  cosmos, she  who must be obeyed, my wife.

0 comments :

Post a Comment